We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus to newly hired Dispatchers.
Candidates are required to meet specific criteria and complete assessment periods.
Reports to: Communications Supervisor and/or Operations Coordinator.
Employees in this job role serve as representatives for the company in a variety of roles and situations. Under general or administrative supervision, and acting independently, with other counterparts in the same role, this position is responsible for receiving and prioritizing emergency and non-emergency telephone and two-way radio calls from: the public, 911 call centers (PSAP â€“ Public Safety Answering Points), health care facilities, hospitals and company employees. Work involves evaluating incoming calls to determine appropriate level of Ambulance or Ambulette service required, dispatching of units, giving help to field units as necessary and transmitting information and messages upon request according to established procedures. This position monitors entire company operations, retrieves and enters computer data and uses other related communications equipment. Work is performed under general supervision by the Communications Shift Supervisor in an office environment with artificial lighting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Arrive punctually, fit, and ready for work void of issues related to inadequate rest, current illness, injury, or impairment by any medication or other substance.
- Inspect equipment at beginning of each shift to ensure proper operation; reports any issues or malfunctions.
- Promote a culture of professionalism and safety for all employees, patients, and stakeholders by adhering to workplace safety policies; observe, correct, and report safety concerns and deficiencies to the Communications Supervisor and/or Operations Coordinator.
- Adhere to Company, Regional, State and Federal policies while performing any/all work.
- Interact with callers and clients who are requesting emergency transportation, non-emergency transportation and general information; via telephone, two-way radio systems or other mediums. Use established protocols along with the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system to evaluate the situation and take the appropriate actions.
- Obtain all needed information from callers, enter the information in to the CAD and transmit necessary information to the units responding.
- Have the ability to actively listen and communicate effectively, with the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely both verbally and written.
- Be proficient with computers and type a minimum of 25 WPM.
- Have the ability to read maps and convey directions.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, general public, hospital personal, facilities staff and PSAPs
- Use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and exercise judgment under pressure, using established guidelines and procedures.
- Deal with sensitive information in a discreet and professional manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment; operating radio, telephone, and computer systems under routine, emergent and high stress conditions.
- Operate standard office equipment (Phone, Copier, Fax, Calculator, etc.)
- Work overtime and holidays as needed in a 24-hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
- Possess adequate hearing, manual dexterity and mental disposition in order to remain alert and perform all essential job functions.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Company policies and guidelines.
Mohawk Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.