Dear Valued Patients,
At this time of uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees, our patients and their families continues to remain our highest priority. All Mohawk Ambulance Service personnel have been trained to take protective measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Please know, Mohawk Ambulance Service is committed to exercising additional precautions in response to the COVID-19 outbreak and are in accordance with guidelines from the New York State Department of Health and our local health departments. We have already implemented the following measures with your well-being our priority:
- The utilization of UV-C Air and Surface Disinfection fixtures (similar to those used in hospital operating rooms using UV light)
- Mandatory Health Screening for all employees prior to and following all shifts (all employees showing symptoms of illness are required to stay home)
- Increased decontamination and biohazard training for all employees
- Rigorous COVID-19 Persons under Investigation (PUI) patient tracking and monitoring
- Reduction of the use of high-risk interventions
- No additional passengers in ambulance during patient transports (no riders)
- Social distancing and the implementation of good hygiene practices
- Continuation of constant communication with hospitals as well as regional and state authorities on updates and increased prevention procedures
We encourage you to continue to stay informed on updates released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) on all guidelines to slow the spread of the virus. Our website contains the phone numbers for all local health departments as well as a coronavirus hotline and steps to help prevent the spread of the virus. If you suspect you may be positive for COVID-19, we encourage you to contact your health provider first before calling emergency services.
We will continue to update you on further protective measures Mohawk Ambulance Service employees are taking to preserve your health and safety. We will get through this difficult time together.
James P. McPartlon III