We are currently offering a $5,000 Sign On Bonus to newly hired ATS Drivers.
Candidates are required to meet specific criteria and complete assessment periods.
Title: ATS Driver
Reports to: ATS Supervisor
Employees in this job role serve as representatives for the company in a variety of roles and situations. Under general or administrative supervision, and acting independently, with other counterparts in the same role, the Employee uses general methods and procedures customary to the performance of the job to select the proper course of action in a given situation to perform the general functions of their job.
This work requires knowledge of the policies, procedures, and regulations that affect the company’s operations. These policies and procedures may exist in the form of formal written guidance or through reasonable familiarity with the common practice that exists in a particular operational area.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Assign and essential functions.
- Safely operate a wheelchair van transporting severely disabled, intellectual disabled clients to and from agency site based programs.
- Operates a hydraulic lift to safely load and unload wheelchairs.
- Operates safety lockdown system and ensures wheelchairs are properly locked down and secured.
- Monitors the use of adaptive safety device
- Provides level of support and intervention required to ensure clientâ€™s safety and well-being in accordance with existing behavior plans and human right regulation.
- Provide supervision and caretaking functions.
- Promote a culture of safety for all employees, patients, and stakeholders by adhering to workplace safety policies; observe, correct, and report safety concerns and deficiencies to the on-duty Shift Leader.
- Adhere to company, regional, and state policy while performing any/all work.
In addition to the essential functions of the role, the following are provided as representative duties performed by the ATS Driver.
- Responsible for filling out a D.V.I.R. (daily vehicle inspection report) at the beginning of each shift
- Ensure the ATS vehicle fuel level is Â¾ or higher at the end of each shift
- Arrive to work fit for duty, with good hygiene, in uniform, and ready to work.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General knowledge of company operational policies.
- Ability to maintain favorable relations with the public and the companyâ€™s stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Must currently possess and maintain a New York State CDL class B license.
Mohawk Ambulance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.